Monday, November 10, 2008

Season of Babies!

As the old adage says "When it rains it pours!" It has been pouring in an amazing way the last several weeks in our life. It all started when Krystal and I found out we were PREGNANT on Monday October 8th. Then that Sunday, my sister who was told that it was unlikely that she would ever have children due to physical concerns, SUDDENLY became pregnant herself (That my friends is a miracle)! Krystal and I actually kept ours a secret for a month. That is a miracle in itself! We finally shared it with our family the weekend of November 9th and 10th and then shared it with our Church on the 12th. That same day we also announced a "Spiritual Baby" that is to come in the form of another Abundant Life Church in Bucksport, Maine about a half hour from Bangor. We will begin having Friday night services in the next 2-3 months. I'm not sure who is glowing more....OK. Just Kidding. Krystal is lit up like a Christmas Tree. Matter of fact if you were to stand her next to one, she would probably outshine it!
Of course, it is crazy to me that I am about to become a DAD! Kinda awesome, scary, and exciting all in one. I am also thinking whether a boy or girl-the kid has got to be cute. I have a gorgeous wife!
It is no doubt that we have an awesome life! But it all belongs to God. Everyday we surrender our selves and our life (or give it our best shot...still have a ways to go. God still shakes his head at me sometimes like...is he actually going to get it right this time..LOL!) because we know that it ALL belongs to HIM. We are just the stewards/managers of what he has given to us. Even in the "Bad and Ugly" days, we still surrender it at HIS feet. There is nothing greater than to live a surrendered life before the one who gave you life, HIS ABUNDANT LIFE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats, you guys! That is AWESOME news!

We're actually halfway through our first - find out boy or girl tomorrow - and we're loving it!