Thursday, March 20, 2008

Surrendered Lives!

Well Here it is. I finally made the leap into the world of "blogging."

Why call it "surrenderedlives?"

Here are the definitions of Surrender: and you'll see why!

1. to yield (something) to the possession or power of another
2. to give up or abandon, to relinquish, as into the power of another
3. the voluntary abandonment of a life

For Krystal and I, there is no greater joy, or calling than to surrender,yield, give up, and abandon our lives for the life that only God can give. To us there is no better place to be then right where God needs us, whether it is in Bangor, Me (where we are now) or in Bangledesh, India!

I pray that you too will CHOOSE the surrendered life!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Josh! Mama Hat here. Just checked out your blog / profile to "Surrendered Lives!" Good choice in the naming... Love your website...I check it out often. Give my love to the "Abundant Life"
family. We love you all so very much. Happy Easter!!

hattiedamon said...

Hey, Josh! Mama Hat here. Wow! Looks great. Another tech tool that I have no idea how to use...I'm just stumbling my way around here....Never thought I wanted to blog...Love your website.
I check it out often. Have a great
Easter Service!! See you for dinner. yummy !! Give my love to Princess Bride. :) :)

Unknown said...

You're moving to Bangladesh?! I would have rather heard the news voice to voice. lol
Much love,
K

Anonymous said...

way to go mannnn! love your web site keep up the awesome job....love suzie

hattiedamon said...

Hey, Josh!Read your latest devotion. Great.
Watched the baptismals...Way to go!
Love, miss hat

Anonymous said...

God has dropped a couple nugget thoughts in my heart today.
Two words: dependent / independence. The world would tell us to always work toward independence.... Is that what Christ would have also? I think not. Dependence on Christ frees me from the stress of having to figure things out for myself. Dependence on Christ frees me to "run and not be weary." Dependence on Him allows me to "mount up." When I am dependent I can say: "My expectation is from HIM." If I am independent of him I have no right to "expect" ANYTHING from him - causing me to lose hope - causing me to struggle to carry my load which was never meant for me to carry alone. Dependency allows me to "cast my burdon..." GLORY! Dependency will keep me from doing the right thing at the WRONG time... Dependency prepares me to wait on the Lord. It eliminates striving. Doesent the scripture say: "MY servant shall not strive...?" (need to look that one up) In HIM we live, move and have our being...Anything else is to much of a struggle. May our dependency be in CHRIST today. Love you all, Mama Hat